Seeking an experienced candidate to join our lumber sales team. This position requires the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a professional salesperson to successfully perform various duties withing the sales department with emphasis on customer relations and promotion of product.
- Make outgoing customer calls in order to sell products
- Answers questions about product specifications and pricing.
- Accurately and efficiently enters customer information into company databases for mailing and billing purposes
- Maintains a list of potential leads and follows up with those customers by making subsequent calls/sales pitches
- Assists sales team with arranging meeting and sales calls with customers
- Contacts customers in response to correspondence and feedback
- Maintains working knowledge of products sold and keeps current on industry developments
- Travel at times can be up to 50%
- Participate and attend industry and customer trade shows and events to cultivate customer relationships, promote product and maximize selling opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Results oriented
- Be proficient with Excel, business intelligence tools, and order entry systems.
- Business analytics experience would be a plus
- Ability to develop quick rapport with employees, customers, supply partners and key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate the benefits of service and products to employees, customers, and vendors
- Possesses general business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related business discipline
- Five (5) or more years of sales experience preferred
- Experience in wood products industry preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Suitable agility and stamina to permit negotiation of stairs, elevated work platforms, ladders and walking on uneven terrain
- Reading a computer screen or other electronic devices
Mission Forest Products strives to be a great business partner, employer and member of the Corinth, Mississippi community. Located in an area primed to meet increasing lumber demand from residential and commercial growth sectors in the U.S. South and Midwest, and in one of the most abundant timber markets in the nation. Mission Forest Products will leverage its access to major road, rail and river haul routes to become a strategic provider of high-performance, dimensional lumber to retailers, co-ops, treaters, contractor yards and other customers. We are a highly professional organization led and run by industry veterans who have ambitious expectations for the company’s performance. We believe this mindset will establish Mission Forest Products as a consistently reliable and responsible lumber supplier and corporate citizen.